Common Printer Issues
While trying to take printouts on Windows XP, an error message appears denoting that the memory is not enough. It may appear before another error, which may be concerning a file missing, so locating and reinstalling that will troubleshoot printer issues on Windows PC. This can be as annoying as encountering and having to find a printer offline fix for Windows.
Reboot the PC and Retry Sending Print Jobs from a Different Program
- Reboot the system. If an error denotes that there is a print job pending, Cancel it on the printer-specific software or delete the file initiated for printing from the spooler.
- Press Windows button, and click to open Notepad from the Start Menu.
- Key-in a short sentence on the text file, and press Ctrl and P keys simultaneously to run a test print.
- In case the text prints successfully, it is likely that the file you tried to print earlier is corrupted, or that the PC does not have sufficient hard disk space for processing the spool file.
Connect the PC to a Free USB Port
If the printer is connected to parallel cable, follow the steps mentioned below for connecting it to computer’s USB port instead.
- Uninstall the printing software that came with the printer
- Disconnect the cable that runs parallel from the printer and the PC
- Reinstall the bundled printing software
- Connect its power cord and then switch on the printer
- When Windows prompts, connect it to the PC using the USB cable
Check if Available Memory Corresponds with Minimum System Requirements
You also need to check if the available system resources support a multipurpose printer. First, check the currently used memory in Task Manager, and then double-check if PC meets the required amount.
- Press down Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously and open Task Manager.
- Go to the Performance tab, and check the memory in use by the printer.
Verify if the printer’s user manual or label has mentioned the RAM and if it corresponds with the necessary memory for printing.
If all these methods fail to work for troubleshooting printer issues, then you have to manage as well as modify hard disk space for your printing needs. Get in touch with our tech support team for more details regarding the same, or if you are in need of a printer offline fix.