Common Printer Issues
Are you looking for a printer offline fix or is it some other problem? To fix the issue in this post’s title, use network printer troubleshooting steps here…
Read on if you are looking for network printer troubleshooting steps for HP® LaserJet Pro P1606 and P1102w. This guide is only for those two models.
Problem: After installing the printer on the home network, it continues to print the very same print job until one chooses to cancel it.
Troubleshoot One: Disable Printer’s Bidirectional Support
This feature can lead to printing issues. No worries, you can disable it using the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows key, and choose Devices and Printers from the Start
- In the new window, right-click on the problem printer, and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Ports tab in the Printer Properties.
- Ensure that Enable bidirectional support is not selected. If the checkbox is selected, click to deselect it, and click on the Apply and the Ok
- Take a test page printout to confirm you have fixed the issue. For that, click on Print a test page in the Properties dialog box.
Troubleshoot Two: Remove the Printer Software and Reinstall It
You can use the steps from either of the below methods to uninstall and install the software again.
First Method: Download and Install Your Printer’s Software
To install the program, first you have to download it from the HP® site’s Customer Support page. For that, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Turn on your printer.
- Detach the cable from its USB port, if required. The software installation wizard will prompt you to plug it back in, if necessary.
- Open the HP® website, and go to the driver downloads page in the Support page.
- Click on Printer, under the “Let’s identify your product to get started” heading, key in its model number, and click on the Submit
- If you have to choose a different OS version, click on Change, choose your version, and click on the Change button on the next page.
- Then, you can choose to download the “basic driver updates” or the full printer software package, as per your requirement.
Second Method: Install Using the CD
You can install the program with the disc, which came with your product package.
- Insert the printer software setup disc into your system’s CD-ROM drive. Then, the installation wizard should open automatically.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for setting up your printer and for installing the program.